BRI's Module 9: Structured Literacy: Spelling and Writing
Designed for K-3 educators, this collection of modules addresses the following objectives:
- Foster a deep understanding of each of the five components of reading recognized by the National Reading Panel and how they form a comprehensive and integrated approach to reading instruction.
- Equip teachers with practical tools and resources that are aligned to the science of literacy acquisition and readily accessed and applied in the K-3 setting.
- Demonstrate the use of assessments and their results to guide instruction for each of the five components of reading plus the three additional skills (oral language, print awareness, and written expression) that support literacy proficiency.
- Facilitate adult learning through strategies that allow teachers to access information previously learned and to apply new knowledge and resources to strengthen practice.
In Module 9, participants will:
- Apply strategies for effective encoding instruction at the lowest level of writing.
- Be able to explain the sequence of writing development though skills acquired aren’t sequential.
- Distinguish between various teaching strategies beginning with word and sentence writing and moving to summaries, paragraphs, note taking.
- Apply strategies that help students differentiate between informal and formal writing.
|Mon, Apr 2, 2018||8:30 AM - 4:00 PM|
|8:30 AM - 4:00 PM||Full Day||Kelly Butler||Susan Rucker||Insight Park|
|Tue, Apr 3, 2018||8:30 AM - 4:00 AM|
|8:30 AM - 4:00 AM||Full Day||Kelly Butler||Susan Scott||Insight Park|
|Disabilities||If you have a disability that would need an accommodation (wheelchair, visual impairment, etc.), please contact us so that we can best accommodate you.|
|Food Allergies||If you have a food allergy or preference (vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, etc.), please contact us so that we can best accommodate you.|