Spring 2020 NMEC/NISL Conference: Recruitment, Induction, and Retention of High-Quality Teachers
The Spring NMEC/NISL Conference will focus on the recruitment, induction, and retention of high quality teachers and teaching. Our current vision in MS and the nation is to see a high quality teacher in every classroom in front of every student to bring equity for all.
Utilizing the NISL 9 Building Blocks for a World-Class Education System, a distillation of more than 25 years of research conducted on the world’s best education systems we will explore the highest performing systems in the world and how they are accomplishing this need of putting a quality teacher in every classroom. We will also hear from other leaders in the state describe their successful plans and the implementation of their system to bring equity for all with a successful recruitment, induction, and retention strategies for these high quality teachers.
While examining the components of the K-12 trajectory through the lens of the lens of the teacher and high-quality teaching we will examine how other countries:
- Attract an abundant supply of highly qualified teachers.
- Redesign schools to be places in which teachers are treated as professionals, with incentives and support to continuously improve their own professional practice and the performance of their students.
- Provide strong incentives for their best teachers to work in classes and schools serving students from low-income and minority families.
- Create career ladders that develop the skills of the current teacher work force by providing opportunities to take on progressively more demanding and varied roles as teachers in the school as they increase their demonstrated expertise and leadership capacity.
- Ensuring equitable access to high quality teaching for all students based on need.
- Recruiting and developing a highly capable staff that share a broad agreement on demanding goals for students.
|Wed, Mar 25, 2020||8:30 AM - 4:00 PM|
|8:30 AM - 4:00 PM||All Day Session||Susan Scott||Oxford Conference Center|
|Disabilities||If you have a disability that would need an accommodation (wheelchair, visual impairment, etc.), please contact us so that we can best accommodate you.|
|Food Allergies||If you have a food allergy or preference (vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, etc.), please contact us so that we can best accommodate you.|