Moving Across Mississippi: Standards-Based Strategies for Effective Classroom Integration of Wellness and Physical Activity
During this workshop, teachers will engage and be exposed to a multitude of hands-on, research-based methods and a framework that will enable them to effectively integrate wellness and physical activity into their classrooms upon completion of the workshop. Participants of this workshop will also be asked to participate in a pilot study that includes the implementation of standards-based wellness and physical activity videos as a supplemental instructional resource. These videos will be a part of the workshop agenda.
- Teachers will learn the research-based benefits of wellness and physical activity integration for children.
- Teachers will discuss ways to integrate literacy into physical activity.
- Teachers will engage in methods for developing a comprehensive approach to building a framework for wellness and physical activity integration in the classroom.
- Teachers will develop instructional activities in all academic content areas to take back to their classroom within each part of the physical activity integration framework.
- Teachers will discuss how technology can be utilized to integrate wellness and physical activity in their classroom.
As part of attending this workshop, teachers will be asked to pilot “Moving Across Mississippi” videos (3-5 minutes) that the trainers have created. For more information, please see http://www.northmsec.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Workshop-Email.pdf.
CEUs & LUNCH WILL BE PROVIDED AT NO COST
|Wed, Jul 10, 2019||8:30 AM - 2:30 PM|
|8:30 AM - 2:30 PM||All Day Session||Susan Scott||Insight Park|
|Disabilities||If you have a disability that would need an accommodation (wheelchair, visual impairment, etc.), please contact us so that we can best accommodate you.|
|Food Allergies||If you have a food allergy or preference (vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, etc.), please contact us so that we can best accommodate you.|