BRI's Module 10: Literacy for Leaders
Designed for K-3 educators, this collection of modules addresses the following objectives:
- Foster a deep understanding of each of the five components of reading recognized by the National Reading Panel and how they form a comprehensive and integrated approach to reading instruction.
- Equip teachers with practical tools and resources that are aligned to the science of literacy acquisition and readily accessed and applied in the K-3 setting.
- Demonstrate the use of assessments and their results to guide instruction for each of the five components of reading plus the three additional skills (oral language, print awareness, and written expression) that support literacy proficiency.
- Facilitate adult learning through strategies that allow teachers to access information previously learned and to apply new knowledge and resources to strengthen practice.
- Apply the 3 reading models to reading instruction
- Recognize explicit instruction of the 5 Components of reading + 3.
- Be able to calculate catch up growth.
- Explore ways to maximize the schedule to prioritize reading instruction within the building.
- Describe components of an effective literacy block for appropriate grade settings.
- Use observation to inform and execute instructional support.
- Identify multiple sources of data to support improved practice and identify the right starting point to begin working with teachers to improve practice.
- Use the coaching cycle to support teachers in setting goals and changing practice.
|Thu, Jun 21, 2018||8:30 AM - 4:00 PM|
|8:30 AM - 4:00 PM||Full Day||Marion McBride||Susan Scott||ICC (Belden Campus)|
|Fri, Jun 22, 2018||8:30 AM - 4:00 AM|
|8:30 AM - 4:00 AM||Full Day||Marion McBride||Susan Scott||ICC (Belden Campus)|
|Disabilities||If you have a disability that would need an accommodation (wheelchair, visual impairment, etc.), please contact us so that we can best accommodate you.|
|Food Allergies||If you have a food allergy or preference (vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, etc.), please contact us so that we can best accommodate you.|